Hive recognised as one of the top renewable energy solutions providers of 2020
Hive Energy has been recognised as one of the top renewable energy solution providers of 2020 by Energy CIO Insights.
The award recognises Hive Energy’s increased dominance across the renewable energy sector, having delivered over 1,000 MW of renewable energy internationally and deploying over £1bn capital through its business across the circular and green economies.
Key milestones Hive Energy in 2020 included:
- Receiving development consent from the UK Government for the UK’s largest solar park – Cleve Hill Solar Park. At 350MW the project is the largest consented solar development in the UK.
- The acquisition of 50% of Ethical Power Group, transitioning Hive Energy into a fully integrated renewable energy business, with expertise across the lifecycle of clean energy developments.
- Planning approval for multiple solar technology projects across Spain, totaling over 350 MW.
- Start of construction on Hive Energy’s first subsidy-free solar development in Rugby, Warwickshire, hailing in the new era of un-subsidized projects in the UK solar industry.
- The acquisition of Coega Biomass Plant near Port Elizabeth, South Africa. When refurbished, this project will deliver up to 800 jobs in an area of high unemployment, and produce high-quality wood pellets to replace dirty coal, charcoal, and anthracite technologies.
- An investment in MyDD Points, a digital loyalty program supporting independent businesses and the ‘shop local’ movement.
Hive Energy has further ambitious plans for 2021 with 4,300 MW of projects in their development pipeline. To find out about Hive’s pipeline, and projects available for sale, visit our pipeline projects page or enquire with us directly.
Read the full profile on Hive Energy from Energy CIO Insights here.